Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Year 2008-2009 Jeep trip to Florence, AZ (Martinez Canyon)

My family!


I would really like to get very involved in this blog, but as you all know, I can't possibly focus on one thing! lol No doubt in my mind where my kids got it.

Every year for the past 7 or 8 we've always gone to the dunes for New Year's. Well, not this year. We met up with my old roommates back in the day (a very long time ago) and it turns out that one of them turns in the same circles and we never even knew it. Very weird. I haven't seen them in maybe 12 years and we have the same friends.

They were talking about going jeepin' to Florence over New Years and we were quick to invite ourselves. It's about a 1/2 ride from our house and we'd rather go jeepin' than go to the dunes. (at least I do).

So there turned out to be a pretty big showing of people. The kids did spectacular. All day trips in the desert. In and out of the jeep, eating out of a cooler and peeing on the rocks. We had alot of fun!

We had some breakdown time, special thanks to Si which was quickly remedied with no help from Kyle. ;o) They repaired his problem and we were on our way.

We have some cute pics of the kids mixed in. I will only post some spectacular sites. The rest of the trip pics are in my Flickr on the right. Here we go. . .

Trailhead "Highway to Hell"



















Si! Right before we heard the "CLUNK".















Ok, this pic is kinda funny! Kyle and Mike are doing the work and Si is drinkin' his beer.

















Mike's turn!


















New Years morning in the AZ desert.
















Spectacular views! Jeep trail at bottom of pic.



This was on our third day trip to Martinez Canyon! Absolutely beautful!
Here we are after max calls out "Load 'em up!"
I think Max enjoyed climbing in and out of the jeep "awh by myself" more than anything.
This is an old abandoned mine! How they got all this stuff out there is just amazing!
Ok, this is the trail out of the canyon. If you look closely at the very center of this pic, you'll see vehicles at the bottom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How FUN! :)

Thanks for sharing your pics!

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff