Monday, November 3, 2008

In need of some assistance. . .

Well, my little Mister has been sleeping through the night! No, really! I swear, ask Mike!

He said he was scared in his room. So we put him in the bed in Marissa's room. She may be small, fiesty and his arch enemy during the day, but at night . . . she's Sister, Defender of Max from Scary Monsters. Whatever it is, it's working. Nana has put them to sleep in the same twin bed for oh, about a year now. I always thought she was nuts, cuz they wouldn't do it for me. Well, the time has come. He wants to sleep with sister.

Here's our dilemma! Not a huge dilemma, just a dilemma! I found this screaming deal on hardwood twin bed frames. Originally priced $609/each. I got them for $203/each. Great deal huh? I thought so! One catch, they aren't finished. Right now they are sitting in our garage waiting for either DH or myself to have a few hours to stain and polyurethane them. LMAO! My kids may sleep in these beds by the time they are adults ~ MAYBE!

Now that Mister wants to sleep with Sis, it is making this more of a priority since she's still in a crib (needs to go into the bed), Grandma Janeen is coming in December and will need the bed Mister is sleeping in. My DH, god love him, thrives off of taking care of us! All of us! He still hasn't figured out that he just isn't super human! There is no possible way he can get everything done, all of the time.

I'm asking for help! Anyone who may have just an afternoon to come stain the beds, or even just one bed. ANY help would be HUGE!

Because we have had minimal exposure to chemicals, I'm thinking we are going to have to let them dry for a couple weeks before we put them up. If anyone knows of any products that are more "green", please let me know.

Dios esté con usted,
Gina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would just go to Home Depot and ask about the "green" stains, you never know what they will say! Or go on the internet which you are an expert at and see what you find! Good luck, I have a church pew and two end tables in my garage that I have been working on since last June!

Gina said...

I was kinda hoping someone would have already tried some and had an opinion. ;o)

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff