Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ok, we were a bit relieved.

Ok, last night the air conditioning guy from "Parker and Sons" came by to give us an estimate on the new unit. We had in our minds about $8,000. So after rebate moneys and preferred customer discount, we were sitting at $6,250. DH and I were actually relieved. WHAT THE HECK? It's still $6,250 no matter what way you look at it.

Well, I had mentioned the roof blowing off. . .

Not too far from it. Last night a storm BLEW thru and I say that because (for those of you who don't know our storms) it never rained, just blew alot of dirt around and filled our pool with our neighbors bouganvilla flower pedals. (One of DH's big urks) The only reason I knew anything after taking 2 Advil PMs and retreating to bed, is because I thought the roof was going to blow off. Must have been a dirt devil or what they call a microburst. DH and I were both on the back patio in a matter of oh 20 seconds. Holy cow! What was that?

As of 6:00 a.m. this morning, we still have our roof, the air conditioner is still working (keep fingers crossed), and the pool guy is scheduled today for a visit. :o)

Wish us luck, we have another air conditioning company coming by later today for another estimate.

Two more days to go see Mr. Aaron "Earins" as Mister would say. He's so excited to get back to school. He's making me nutzo.

Love to all, going to nap now.
God be with you,
gina

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YIKES! I'm glad to hear you're all okay!

I love storms, but it's a whole different ball game when you stand to lose pieces of your home!

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff