Friday, August 22, 2008

Why We Walk (for Autism)

Ok, I've been pondering this for sometime now and I really think I'm going to do it. I have so much on my plate but yet for some reason I'm so drawn to this Walk.

Walk Now for Autism is November 2nd in Tempe. I will be putting out lots and lots of information and asking you all for your support. I have realized that these kids get NO help except from organizations like SARRC (Southwest Autism Research and Resource Center), Autism Speaks, etc.

Just yesterday, I got off the phone with Mortenson's HR Rep who indicated to me that CIGNA has absolutely NO coverage for any type of therapy associated with Spectrum Disorders such as Autism, Aspergers, and ADHD. Without being approved by the State for services, this leaves the financial burden to rest on our shoulders.

PLEASE help us to make insurance companies, doctors, friends, neighbors, relatives, everyone more aware of the fact that these kids need constant attention in social skills, school work, simple daily tasks like tying shoes, eating breakfast, getting along well with others. These things don't come easy to a kid on the spectrum. Our kids on the spectrum.

Please ask your employers to match your contribution. Most companies would love to help out, they just need to be asked.

Again - PLEASE?????

Here's the link to AutismSpeaks "In your own words" by Jessica Wilson. Another mom who did a fantastic job of kicking me in the ass.

http://www.autismspeaks.org/community/ownwords/intheirownwords_wilsonspeech.php

No comments:

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff