Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mister's Evaluation Scheduled

We've had Mister's evaluation at the Melmed Center scheduled since February and now it's here. YEAH! We go Friday morning at 10:00.

He has been sooooo good. His words are awesome, his thoughts are awesome, he verbalizes all on his own (believe me sometimes too much). This morning at 4:50 a.m. Mister said "It's morning Mommy, sun came up". I sleepily said "yes dear it's morning - NOW GO BACK TO BED". ;o) It was even cloudy and gloomy today. His clock is all in synch with the sun. I can't wait for winter.

So, I've been letting Mister eat EVERYTHING he's not suppose to. Last weekend, we went to cousin Tyler's birthday party and had 2 pieces of pizza AND a piece of cake with frosting. He loved every minute of it. I'm hoping that, like clockwork, his words will round off and some of his "spectrum" symptons will return so that he doesn't seem perfectly normal at the evaluation.

I've learned (with Jeff) that once they are older and the developmental symptoms aren't there, no one believes there is a problem. They just think the kid is a bad kid, or a sneaky kid. I'm having a hard time with Jeff now that he wears black band clothes and has long hair. General Administration at school is clueless.

So, I want to have all my ducks in a row with Mister. I filled out a very lengthy and thorough questionaire for his evaluation. 2 1/2 hours of filling out the questionaire. I'm quite thankful that it was so lengthy.

So here we go into the spectrum world yet again. Monday, we'll all be back to our usual and customery diets. No wheat, no dairy, no eggs, no mustard, no cheese, no chili pepper, no canola, no oats! ;o)

Ok, here's some fun for you! Mister and Daddy mowing the lawn last night. Fun was had by both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gin, I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so excited! Keep writing, I'm really interested in this food/health stuff you've been writing about.

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff