Thursday, May 22, 2008

So many in need! What are you bitchin' about?

I don't know if these things go in cycles or what, but it seems we have a lot of hardship going on around us. My cousin, Jerry, is fighting his battles; my Aunt Honey is fighting hers; my niece's godson, Hayden, (very sad story) is dying right before his Mama's eyes.

What the heck do I have to whine about? NOTHING!

My biggest whine, I just don't know what I could do to help all these people. I'm not stupid, I should be able to come up with "something" I could do to help.

My first born, Jeff, I'm so happy he's who he is. I complain and whine about the trials we go thru, but really in the end, I'm happy he's who he is. About 2 months ago, Jeff came home from school and said a friend of his, Joanne, is a foster kid and she needs a place to live because her foster mom isn't nice to her. I didn't think anything of it, except that Jeff was feeling her need to make a change. About 1 week after that, I got a phone call from a psychotic mother, yelling at me that her daughter thinks I don't like her. "Huh, who are you? Who is your daughter?" I asked. Turns out, Jeff told Joanne that he would talk to his mom and that it would probably be ok for her to move in with us. OK, we had a small conversation about how helping people is SPECTACULAR, however you have to start with baby steps. ;o) I just love his heart.

I'm out! Love you all! Gin

No comments:

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff