Sunday, May 4, 2008

On this crazy trek I learned. . .

I learned that doctors think you are crazy when you tell them you are now seeing a naturapath medical doctor and you took your son off of all milk and wheat.

I also learned that when I talk to family and friends that aren't personally involved, they look at me like I'm talking a foreign language.

What the heck?

Why does the medical profession do this to us. People are REALLY sick and could at least tolerate their illnesses if they'd just learn to eat for their own body.

I can give you a "for instance". Last night, Husband and I went to dinner at this REALLY great place with my cousins, Ned and Elisa. OMG did we eat. Husband and I have been on Nutrisystem since January and have done really well. We both had the IgG test done. (Food sensitivity test - Immuno Labs) Mine came back with EGGS being a +3, Milk +2, wheat, pumpkin and brewer's yeast (no wonder I can't drink). Anyway, I've been trying to refrain from most. I still have some wheat. That's hard to totally stay away from; and milk in my coffee. That's about it. I've noticed a huge change in annoying things that happen to me, like MY EYES DRIP for what I thought was no reason, THE PAIN IN MY STOMACH for what I thought was no reason but maybe indigestion. So last night, I ate half of a cheeseburger (cheese and the bun), half a piece of salmon, some steak fries (MMM, they were yummy), oh and let's not forget the huge piece of Chocolate Mousse Turtle Cheesecake with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. ;o)OMG, I thought I was going to puke.

I woke up today with a running nose and dripping eyes. My eyes haven't dripped in months.

What the heck?

My next post will include some REAL information that I've learned in the past 8 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool you startd this, I will have to keep up on it. I elimated sugars and carbs mostly from my diet and I am feeling much better and I have lost some weight, so I hope that I can continue this for life, and keep feeling better.

JAM said...

I read years ago that dairy products cause many people to produce extra mucous, tears, and things like that. I've never had a problem with it, but I notice that if I've had more milk than usual (I hardly drink milk at all) then my eyes drip tears, especially if I'm laying down and have them open like when reading a book.

When you get used to eating good stuff and then later "splurge" on some junk food, it is a shock how the body reacts.

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff