Thursday, June 19, 2008

Kitchen - Not as bad as I thought

Well, we are in day 2 of the cabinets being resurfaced. My frig is in the eat-in area of my kitchen and the microwave is on the floor behind the table, and there is not one stitch of anything in there, but all in all, it hasn't been so bad.

I thought for sure the kids would just be all over it, but they've pretty much left the kitchen alone. It sure does help that we went to Chili's last night for dinner and then straight out to the pool when we got home.

Today will be exciting for me. It will actually start to take shape and have some "new" feel to it. I wish I had a couple more $10,000s to finish everything right away. lol New bathroom cabinetry, rip this carpet out and put in hardwood floors, and get rid of that whitewashed banister the whole way up the stairs and across the loft. EWH! YUCK!

I won't post the gorie details, but will post before and after pics when he's all done. Hopefully tomorrow!

Love to all, have a spectacular day!
Gina

2 comments:

Rockstar Mom said...

Is Mike doing this? Or did you get a contracter? I want to refinish my kitchen cabinets. They are in great shape, but I want to refinish them and get new doors and hardware.

I have no idea what that would cost.

Gina said...

Actually, Home Depot! They gaurantee all their work and product for the life of the product. The doors are 3/4" not 1/2". Lots of plus's. A moderate size kitchen = $8,600.00 vs. all new boxes (complete) for $30,000. Our boxes are in perfect shape. The house was built in 1999. Resurface everything, brand new doors, drawers, hinges and drawer hardware. 3 days tops for our kitchen. He should be done with all surface work by the time I get home. Tomorrow will be doors and drawers and all done. ;o)

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff