Friday, September 19, 2008

Food Families

For those of you who haven't jumped on the "Whole Foods" diet yet. . .

I found a website that is pretty informative about food families. I found this because Mister can't have "mustard" and Lovey can't have "radish" and something was telling me that all the broccoli they eat isn't right. So, I finally looked it up to confirm my suspicions. Sure enough: broccoli, radishes and mustard are all in the "mustard" family. Ok, we are now very screwed. What green vegetables are left. Here's the list that's in the "mustard" family.

Mustard: Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage, Collard, Colza Shoots, Kale, Kohlrabi, Kraut, Horse Radish, Mustard, Mustard Greens, Radish, Rutabaga, Turnips, Watercress.

http://www.calgaryallergy.ca/Articles/English/botanical.htm I will be sure to include this in my list of links on the right.

I'm looking for protein and calcium for my kids. GF/CF Any suggestions?

What the heck?

No comments:

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff