Friday, September 12, 2008

Whew! I'm brain dead!

Went to the WALK NOW FOR AUTISM kickoff luncheon today! Wow! Besides the fact that Autism Speaks and SARRC are raising millions of dollars to fund really really important research. . .

The people who get together and share their stories, the dad's that come and sit and listen, the mom's who are tripping over each other just to get their story heard. . .

OMG I'm brain dead!

I know I've said this time and time again, but WHAT THE HECK? What is going to happen when these 1 in 150 kids are adults? I'm scared to death.

Who's going to take Mister by the hand and make sure he gets to the next room where he is suppose to take on the next task? Who's going to make gluten free/casein free food for them because the flippin food industry are out to kill us? (In case you guys just jumped on my soap box, if the food industry made our food consumable to not cause harm, then we would be much healthier than we are and doctors wouldn't make as much money and be able to prescribe pharmaceutics.)

Who would care for my kids if something happens to Mike and I? This isn't a hypothetical question. This is a real question. Is there anyone of my friends or family up to the challenge?

I realized today when I went and sat in a room of 400 people who all knew exactly what my household goes thru that we (personally) are quite alone in this battle.

On a lighter note: Lovey may have gotten out of bed almost an hour after his alarm clock went off, but he was only 10 minutes past leave time. We were to school 15 minutes early! WOOHOO! Jesus was indeed walking with him this morning! I'm sure of it!

Tomorrow, St. Ignatius 6th Annual Golf Tournament to benefit our Building Fund. We have a very full mission who needs a new home. Please pray for us to do well so that we can expand into a larger facility.

Dios sea con usted mis amigos,
Gina

No comments:

Larry King Live with Jenny McCarthy

Fun Stuff